Warning messageSubmissions for this form are closed.
The Education and Training Committee will provide fellowships to assist young members to attend the biennial congress of the European Society for Photobiology. This is in order to allow as many of them as possible to become acquainted with the wider photobiology environment, to broaden their scientific horizons and to provide them with the opportunity for discussions with colleagues from other laboratories and research groups.
The ESP is pleased to announce that a number of ESP fellowships will be made available to young photobiologists to stimulate their participation to the 20th congress of the Society, which will be held in Lyon (France), from August 27th to August 31st 2023.
Applications from senior scientists from less privileged countries will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be provided with 100% registration fee waiver and a lump-sum of 400 Euro to partially cover their expenses.
The decision of the Education and Training Committee is unappealable.
- the applicant will normally be a PhD student or in the 1st year of postdoctoral appointment;
- the applicant must be an ESP member in 2023 (please follow this link to apply for membership);
- the applicant must submit an abstract to the 20th ESP Congress (deadline april 30th; https://photobiolyon.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/16)
- the applicant’s supervisor or sponsor must be an ESP member in 2023.
Submission of applications:
The deadline for application is May 31st, 2023.
The application letter must be accompanied by:
- a Statement of Purpose justifying how travel to this meeting will support future career goals;
- a concise CV of the applicant;
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor or sponsor;
- a copy of the abstract submitted to the ESP congress.
Applicants are kindly requested to merge the above listed documents in a single PDF file. (Many freeware programmes are available for this purpose on the Internet).
Please follow the procedure below to submit your application to the ESP Education and Training Committee.
Once you have chosen the single PDF file from your computer, click on Upload and then on Submit .